- GPA: 4.00/4.00
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS)
- Advanced Science Program (ASP) Class
- International Baccalaureate Diploma
RISELab, UC Berkeley
- Building systems to track and manage data contexts, code, and models in the machine learning lifecycle for experiment reproducibility, data management, model debugging and explainability with Rolando Garcia, advised by Prof. Joe Hellerstein and Prof. Joseph Gonzalez.
Head Teaching Assistant
College of Engineering, UC Berkeley
- Head TA for CS 162 (Operating Systems), TA for CS 188 (Artificial Intelligence)
- Taught discussion sections of ~35 students, held weekly office hours, homework and project parties, wrote and graded exams for upper-division classes.
- Contributed and reviewed course contents, e.g. projects, lecture notes, exam questions, etc.
- Revamped course infrastructures, redesigned the course website for CS 188.
- Received an average teaching rating of 6.32/7.00, 0.55 above the department average
Berkeley Artificial Intelligence Research (BAIR) Lab, UC Berkeley
- Doing research in deep reinforcement learning, working on safe and efficient learning for robots with Ashwin Balakrishna and Brijen Thananjeyan, advised by Prof. Ken Goldberg.
- Developing algorithms to improve the scalability and stability of state-of-the-art model-based RL algorithms.
AUTOLAB, UC Berkeley
- Applied domain randomization to surface declustering tasks; generated simulated images with PyBullet and MuJoCo for training domain-invariant object recognition and robot grasping models via sim-to-real.
CS 61A, UC Berkeley
- Answered questions, guided students & helped with debugging during weekly lab sections and project parties.
- Technology Lead for TEDxACSindependent.
- Built and maintained the official website, working closely with the marketing and design teams.
Nanoelectronics Lab @ NOVITAS
- Studied nano-wettability and the spreading dynamics of Newtonian fluids, tested and analyzed ~25 solid surfaces and nano-fluids with surfactants under Prof. Changqing Sun
- Finalist and "Best in Electrical and Electronic Engineering" at Nanyang Research Symposium.
Rolando Garcia, Eric Liu, Vikram Sreekanti, Bobby Yan, Anusha Dandamudi, Joseph E. Gonzalez, Joseph M. Hellerstein, Koushik Sen. Preprint, arXiv:2006.07357, 2020.
- A record-replay system for hindsight logging in model training
- Class website for CS 188, Artificial Intelligence.
- A deep RL agent that plays Gomoku (a.k.a. Five in a Row) through random and self plays.
- Placed in the top 2% of 300+ teams in NP-Hard constrained graph partitioning contest using a combination of METIS multilevel k-way partitioning scheme, greedy vertex swaps, local search, and simulated annealing.
- Built a voice-controlled electric car and implemented closed-loop control system to reduce disturbance and error in car movements. Employed signal filtering, PCA and K-means clustering to distinguish voice commands and determine the spoken words.
- A fast, minimalist, and versatile QR Code Generator.
- An addictive and beautiful-looking (gorgeous on the iPhone X OLED display) arcade game with tilt-free gameplay, a nice BGM, and cool sound effects.
- A language-learning-oriented social networking app built using Swift 3 and Firebase.
- Over 25,000 views per month.
- Compilation of notes and guides for high school students to study and prepare for IB exams.
- A practical and highly effective app for learning new Spanish words, with over 15k downloads and more than 1,000 active users.
- Official website for TEDx events organized at ACS (Independent), Singapore.
Dean's Honor List, UC Berkeley
Top 10% academic performance in College of Engineering for all semesters
IEEE - Eta Kappa Nu (HKN), Mu Chapter
Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Honor Society
Tau Beta Pi (TBP), Alpha Chapter
National Engineering Honor Society | Top eighth of Engineering students at UC Berkeley
Edward Kraft Award
Highest scholastic records obtainable by freshman at UC Berkeley | 4.0 GPA with 20 units
Gold Award, Nanyang Research Symposium
Finalist and Gold award winner for ”Best in Electrical and Electronic Engineering” at Nanyang Research Symposium.
Top 10% in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry
Silver Medal, TI-Cup Math Contest
International Shanghai TI-Cup Mathematics Contest
Seow Poh Leng Medal
Top Student in Class of 2014, ACS (Independent)
Expert: • Python • Java
Familiar: • Shell Scripting • Lisp • Assembly (x86, RISC-V)
TechnologiesGit • Unix • Node.js • AWS • PostgreSQL • MongoDB • numpy/scipy • TensorFlow • PyTorch • pandas • sklearn • Matlab • Spark • Docker • Firebase • Shell • Xcode • Bootstrap •
|CS 61A||Structure & Interpretation of Computer Programs|
|CS 61B||Data Structures|
|CS 61C||Machine Structures & Computer Architecture|
|CS 70||Discrete Math & Probability|
|Math 53||Multivariable Calculus|
|CS 161||Computer Security|
|CS 162||Operating Systems & Systems Programming|
|CS 168||Internet Architecture & Protocols|
|CS 170||Efficient Algorithms & Intractible Problems|
|CS 186||Database Systems|
|CS 188||Artificial Intelligence|
|CS 189||Machine Learning|
|CS 285||Deep Reinforcement Learning|
|EECS 127||Convex Optimization|
|Data 100||Principles & Techniques of Data Science|
|EE 16A|B||Designing Information Devices and Systems|
|Physics 7A|B||Physics for Scientists and Engineers|
|CS 195||Social Implications of Computing|
- 1st Place (out of 830+ teams)
- 1st Place (out of 630+ teams)
- 2nd Place (out of 670+ teams)
- Honor Roll of Distinction – 2016
- Honor Roll of Distinction – 2015
- High Distinction – 2015
- Silver Medal – 2015
- Honor – 2016
- Distinction – 2015
- Distinction – 2014
- Distinction – 2014
- Gold award – 2015
- Gold award – 2014
- Honor Roll of Distinction – 2014
- Distinction – 2013
- Gold medal – 2013
Other things I Built
Brute force attack on Wordpress-powered websites
I also ...
- play the piano
- swim a lot
- love Chipotle